Saturday, July 08, 2006

Godzilla vs Mopeds.....



Mopeds are not motorcycles!!! Yeesh! Everyone here owns at least one scooter. They are all over the damn place, like ants at a picinic. They refer to them as motorcycles. I have tried a few times, armed with a photo of a Harley, to show them the difference. All they say is "Ahhh..Choppa!". Anyway, The guy that owns the local sign shop on the main street (well, our only street) has this Suzuki RG150 for sale. He wants 6000 baht for it ($160). It runs fine, he rode it around a bit to show me. Of course it needs all the normal stuff, like new tires and all. But for under $200, what do ya want? I will take Palmy with me to translate to find out about the title and all. I don't know if they have those here. I am not in a rush, because we need to be careful with our finances this next few months. It is just fun to look at. I checked on the internet for international drivers lisences. It seems all they are is a translation of my current lisence. Sounds like pretty much of a scam. My Missouri one is good for like 3 months here. I dont think anyone here really gives a damn about all that anyway. Roong is friends with the local police dept, so they sorta watch out for me in non-interested way. Works for me! Zoom Zoom! Here is a photo of it.........



1998 RG150 The Suzuki RG150 was a 148 cc 2-stroke road motorbike produced by Suzuki in Thailand . The bike was produced from 1998 until 2000. In 1998, it was selected as the 2nd best new motorcycle of 1998 by Motor Trend magazine. It was produced almost exclusively for Thailand although around 100 were exported to New Zealand . This is what one looked like new......