Sunday, March 09, 2008

Straight Line


Yanno... it's weird how you can learn how to do a lot of things concerning this or that subject, but never learn a lot of the basics associated with that thing. I have been doodling in Photoshop for a long time. But, I had never been able to make a curved line. This was a problem, because when I draw something by hand and then scan it in, it's not smooth. Pencil and pen stuff done by hand comes out with rough and uneven lines. This isn't a problem if the drawing is small, but when you blow it up for a t-shirt or something, they become quite apparent.

Having become fed up with this (after how many years?) I spent about 4 hours on this problem today. I found the solution. Thanks to my trusty Photoshop book, and the tutorials that come with the PS program, I can now make a curved line. I don't exactly do it like they tell you to in the book, but that seems to be the way with these things. The instructions never seem to work. I always end up doing the same thing, but I seem to do it back-ass-wards. Anyway, I can now make smooth curved lines. I give you..."The Pig!"