Thursday, March 20, 2008

Beware! Power gossip zone

Palmy is back for the weekend. That is always nice. For the first time in a long time, Roong and the girls all got together on the bed, watched "Judging Amy" re-runs, and power gossiped. Thai people speak very loudly. I am not sure why that is. I can only guess that it is due to the fact that they don't actually listen to each other, or communicate effectively on the rare occasion when they do listen. So, TALK LOUDER! Haaa!

I consider myself lucky, because I can only understand about half of what they are saying, so I don't have to get involved. But, it's nice to see them having such a good time together.

We got Puk's grades back from school. She has a 3.3 average. I am pretty happy with this. As scared as she was about testing for her high school, I was afraid they would be lower. They may still not be high enough to get her into the snotty school in Lopburi, but I am ok with that. I would rather her go to school here in Pattananikom. She should do well there, she won't have to ride the bus for 2.5 hours a day, and she can make plenty of friends that she can hang out with here. She says she wouldn't mind that at all. But, she tried, and did well, I am proud of her.

* I am sorry the photo is fuzzy, but this is apparently a secret society type gathering, and not open to the general public, so they refused to sit still while giggling and chattering.

Want to find out more about Thailand? DCO offers books on just about any facet of Thai lifestyle and history, from the history of kings and their conquests, to the Bangkok bargirl scene. To read all about them, just click the banner below….


DCO Thai Book Shop

DCO Thai Book Shop