Saturday, February 16, 2008
It's the law!
Every country has a few strange laws that are still on the books, though nobody remembers why they were there in the first place. Heres a few from here.
1. "You must wear a shirt while driving a car"...... ummm, ok. Some kind of vinyl related phobia maybe.
2. "You must pay a fine of $600 in Thailand if you’re caught throwing away chewed bubble gum on the sidewalk"....... Ok, I can see that, it's pretty nasty. Is the fine $300 if the gum isn't chewed?
3. "It is illegal to leave your house if you are not wearing underwear"........ Uh, why? I wonder if they set up check-points like they do on New Year's Eve to catch drunks? It's about 90 degrees here all the time. I am thinking there's a lot of folks going commando.
4. "No one may step of any of the nation’s currency"....... Ok, this one I know the answer to. The currency has a picture of the king on it. And god help you if you say anything bad about the king. Hell, they can actually shoot you for it here.
But just to show there is no hard feelings, I will remind you that...
In Ohio, it is illegal to get a fish drunk, or to hunt whales on Sunday! Aww, they're not whales, they're just big boned.
In Alaska, it is still illegal to either get a moose drunk, or to push said drunk moose out of a moving aircraft! This could explain why the Elks lodge is more popular there.
In Scotland, It is illegal to be drunk and in possession of a cow! This is toooooo easy, I am not going to touch it.
In Arizona, it is illegal for donkeys to sleep in bathtubs! I can only wish that I had been at the party that caused people there to feel a need for this law.
In Switzerland, It is illegal to flush the toilet after 10pm if you live in an apartment! Maybe they just need a few decent plumbers there.
In Georgia, it is against the law to tie a giraffe to either telephone or lamp poles!
Ok asshole, then just where am I supposed to tie up my wombat?
In British Colombia, it is illegal to kill a Bigfoot! Yet, it's only a misdemeanor to pull the old flaming bag of dog poop on the front porch gag on poor Nessie. Go figure!
And last, but not least....
In Mississippi, It is still the ultimate of no-no's to shoot a squirrel with a shotgun inside a courtroom! ....... No matter how inept of a lawyer he is.
* This just in...In Thailand, it is apparently now illegal to drink, or have sex on the king's birthday!
Posted by Don Brand at 2:44 PM