Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Flip Flop Nightmare

I have often been asked what the most difficult thing to deal with in living here is. Several things come to mind, but the one thing that I can't seem to even come close to achieving any sort of competency at is..... ....walking in those god damn flip-flops!

Not the thong kind, that you can scrunch your toes around to hold on to, the other shower shoe looking things. Actually, the thong kind give me trouble too. No matter how hard I concentrate, I still seem to just walk right out of them in a matter of a few steps.

Both the kids and adults here run, work, play, ride their scooters, and do just about anything while wearing them. I watched construction workers add concrete walls 4 stories up, wearing nothing but shorts, and those flip-flops.

My little Bata slip on shoes are about as close as I can come to them. Luckily, they are extremely comfortable. I can't figure out how they do it.