Tuesday, February 21, 2012

It's all happening at the zoo

Oh well, it's back in purgatory again. But for a few days, I escaped!!! We spent a few days in BKK last weekend, and had a pretty good time. The two highlights of the trip were our trip to the zoo, and finding a Subway sandwich shop. Personally, I had more fun at Subway than I did walking all over the place at the zoo. It isn't nearly as big as I thought it would be, but the girls had never been there though, so they had lots of fun taking photos.

The most memorable thing at the zoo had to be the elephant show. They came out and did all the tricks you would expect, but with one addition. When they came out, the trainer had them all line up facing the audience, turn around, and take a dump. Yep, that's right, take a dump on command. I wonder how long it took them to figure out how to do that. I also wonder why they would want to. This place is so weird.

Palmiez kept saying that she wanted to see the "water cats". I couldn't figure out what she meant. At first, I thought she was talking about the otters. But that wasn't it, she meant the seals. I guess that's how the word for seals translates here. Considering that I have students with names like "Turd", and "Watermelon", these things shouldn't surprise me.