Tuesday, January 08, 2008

It finally happened....

Ok, there are about a million things that can go wrong in the classroom. But, I think losing an entire class has to be one of the top 10 no-no's. Every chance I get, I take the kids outside to do their work. The classrooms are hot and boring. I took my P-6/1 class outside to do an activity, but 2 of the picnic tables are not under trees, and very hot. So I told some of the kids that they could go over to the pavilion to work. This left me with about 10 kids.

About 10 minutes later, I looked up and noticed that there was a full class at the pavilion, and they weren't mine. I asked my ace student, Manow, to go see what was up, because that teacher doesn't speak any English. She came back and said that they told the kids to go back to the classroom. That was fine, but after going to the classroom, I discovered that they weren't there. Please keep in mind, that all this time, the boss is lurking about. I sent out search parties of my most trusted students, but all scouting reports came back negative. At about 20 after 3pm, It was time for the kids to go back to their room, for their last class. I told the kids I still had to head back. About that time, here came the lost sheep. When asked where they had disappeared too, I got only smiles and giggles. I have no idea where the little shits got off to for 45 minutes. Manow won't even tell me where they went. She swears she doesn't know. Hmmmm!